November 17, 2011

Glamour in the City

IMG_2635 copy_resize

Are you wondering how the hat goes with this outfit? Well, I didn't choose it to wear for myself, but carried it to a photoshoot I had the pleasure styling!

IMG_2641 copy_resize

We had such a great time the day before with Gabi, the subject of the portrait/glamour session, working out her outfits and combining pieces of her wardrobe and clothes and accessories I'd brought. The main thing for me was to create looks she'd feel comfortable and great in - and most importantly, truly herself.
Here are some of the many great pictures Zsófi took that day.

gabi1

Meet wonderful Gabi, with hairclips made up by me with flower pins I'd brought, after Zsófi's genious suggestion to use fallen leaves.

gabi3

How gorgeous is the setting? No wonder we couldn't resist playing with the leaves!

gabi4

(You might remember this overdress of mine from this guest post over at The Ginger Diaries blog. It suits Gabi so much better! :)
Here are some other pictures in another outfit - a darker tone in another great setting, a steep old street.

gabi5

Zsófi is a brilliant portrait photographer - catching so much of Gabi's personality, and so many facets of it.

gabi6


It wasn't the first time we worked together with Zsófi Raffay on a photoshoot and I sincerely hope there will be many others! :) Here's Zsófi's website and her blog, plus her Facebook!

I'm wearing: 
Promod trench, Takko jeans, Shoe Zone boots, Zara bag, Chinese scarf, Debenhams hat.
Gabi's wearing:
In the first look: Her own dress and shoes,  my overdress and trench, hairclips by mother nature. :)
In the second look: Her own dress, coat and scarf, and my Debenhams hat.

39 comments:

Loren Cline said...

These shots are really beautiful, you guys did a great job.

Francesca Giusti said...

love this post and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
kisses
http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

jess said...

The photos look really great. I think if I entered a talent show I'd try singing.

Rachel said...

I love all of these pictures! She is beautiful and so are you :)

<3 Rachel

SkippySays said...

What gorgeous photos!! I think the first oen is actually my favorite :) Loving that hat!

fashionforgiants said...

You look amazing and I love how you styled Gabi.

Shybiker said...

Beautiful photos. And the hat looks cute on both of you.

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Loren, it was a great experience!

Madeline Quaint said...

Dear Francesca, clicking onto your profile I can see you made the exact same comment to every blog you visited. Honesty is the best tactic when it comes to me, I'm not here to collect followers... Sorry.

Madeline Quaint said...

Great, I think I would too. :) But I'd much rather work behind the scenes, styling. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much Rachel! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

It's a great hat - it has just the right amount of floppyness, which is rare. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Gracey! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Haha, thank you! :)

Feathers & Freckles said...

These photos are STUNNING. Love that first pic - you look like such a model. That hat is gorgeous on you. :)

Lora (Madam Donut) said...

I love all the layers in your outfit! Casual and effortless looking, but thought out and totally put together.

You did a great job styling Gabi! In that last photo, is she wearing a huge pile of bracelets or is that the coat? Either way it looks amazing.

chill air & perfume said...

These pictures are beautiful. You look so cozy & cute!

www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

Titine & Totoche said...

Ooooohhh wow!!! The pictures are so pretty, both your's and Gabi's!! Also how cool is that you got to style a shoot!? Awesomeee!!!

Madeline Quaint said...

Oh, thank you! This was the occassion I told you about earlier - when the workmen offered me to take pics sitting in the wheelbarrow. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Lora! It means a lot. :)
It's Gabi's coat in the last picture - the one piece she really wanted to feature in the shoot. The detailing is amazing on it.

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! Yep, I had to wear some layers to keep warm, after all it wasn't my day to be glamorous but Gabi's. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

I know! I'm blow away still, I enjoyed it so much! :) Thank you Pau!

Sarah said...

That must have been such a great day. (: Both of you look completely gorgeous in your photos. Are there more to share? (:

Nadiaperlepes said...

the black and white ones are amazing!!!!!
xxx
naiad
http://stateofgracebynaiad.blogspot.com/

Marisa Violeta said...

It looks like you both had such a great time doing this photoshoot! The photos came out great and you both look lovely! :D

BoulevarddelaMadeleine said...

Beautiful photos and the styling is fantastic. You and Gabi look so glamourous. Great job Madeline!
-Madeleine

Madeline Quaint said...

There are a huge amount of nice photos Zsófi took! There were some more different looks but I thought I won't swamp you with them all. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! They were the impromptu ones. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much! We had such fun, all of us! :) The best job ever. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much! :)

GlamKitten88 said...

I love the hat! I wish I could pull off this kind of look. You look super cozy, and your hair is perfect.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Madeline Quaint said...

You probably mean Gabi, her hair was definitely perfect. :)

Julie Lan said...

the hat goes amazing with the outfit!! and the falling leaves just make it all seem so romantic

Kira said...

She looks great, lovely work!

Madeline Quaint said...

Haha, I was throwing leaves over poor Gabi ceaselessly. :) It was worth it for the picture!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, Kira!

Kirsten said...

Lovely pics! Love the colors :)
http://were-sponsoredbydestiny.blogspot.com/

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Kirsten! :)

Filipa Moreno said...

Oh, the photos are so great! Congratulations for everyone! Nice work! =D

And thank you! hehe ;)

love, pi*
http://theperfumerecipe.blogspot.com/