August 30, 2012

Heels, Check!

PICT0144pc2b

Wearing: Thrifted dress, Accessorize hat with old scarf, Invázió shoes.

These shoes are just crazy. I'm pretty sure they're deadstock from the 90s, got them brand new last week (and they had a whole range of choice in sizes) for 300 Forints, which is less than 1,50 USD. They are so terrible they crossed the line into cool.

However, they are also very very uncomfortable, so even as I tried them on I envisaged a great DIY project where I can actually cut out pieces from them and assemble a totally crazy bunch of objects to stick on the remaining surfaces...

The actual heels are chunky and curved, sort of Miu Miu-like, so done up, these beauties - or rather beasts -  could be great for future crazy photoshoots!

PICT0143p2

6 comments:

Jamillah said...

friend, is this your illustration?!?!!? i looked thru the past posts and have seen a few others and i love them all...so pretty the watercolor effect.

sad face that they are so uncomfortable...looking forward to seeing you remake them!

Carrie said...

Just found your blog via Gracey's (Fashion for Giants). Your comment caught my eye because you were talking about Haruki Murakami, who happens to be one of my favorite authors. :) What fun shoes - too bad they're uncomfortable. :\

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Jamillah! It's the old blog's new direction. :) Drawings from now on!

Madeline Quaint said...

That is so nice to hear! He's definitely one of my biggest favourites too! :)

Anonymous said...

Ηi there, I enjoy reading thrоugh your article pοst.
I like to ωrite а lіttlе commеnt to
suppoгt you.
my page :: loans for bad credit

Anonymous said...

Ӏf somе onе wants ехpeгt view соncernіng blogging
aftег that i advisе him/her tо paу а
visit thіs ωebsite, Keeр up thе faѕtidiοus job.


Alѕo ѵiѕіt my blog - payday