June 27, 2012

Bouncy Sacrilege

PICT0063cas





































 Am I jumping around in a bouncy castle?

PICT0094cas



















Well, it's the bouncy castle version of Stonehenge, and a piece of brilliant art!

PICT0004cas




































"Sacrilege" is a life size inflatable heritage site created by Turner prize winning artist Jeremy Deller, which is currently on tour around Britain, as part of the London 2012 Festival.

PICT0077cas



















How lucky that we could take the train to Exeter and experience this joyous, witty piece of art that's only erected for a day at each stop of its tour! First of all it makes you happy even to just watch the smiling people jumping around in it, and then when you try it yourself, it's pure exhilarating joy!

PICT0019cas



















Jeremy Deller said: "A lot of my work deals with history, and Sacrilege is no exception, this is a way to get reacquainted with ancient Britain with your shoes off."

PICT0099cas



















A great way to make the familiar strange, to steal some humour into the seriousness of the Olympics and to bring history closer to many kids and grown ups.

PICT0032cas



















Here's the website of the project with some great videos on how it was created and the list of dates and places you can catch the bouncy Stonhenge next! http://sacrilege2012.co.uk/

Oh, and here are some more pictures by a pro photographer, with me on one of them! :)

PICT0049cas




































Pictures of me by Marco, others by me. 
I'm not wearing anything special as I dressed for jumping 
- hence jeans and dress and no jewellery. :)

21 comments:

Feathers & Freckles said...

What fun photos! This place looks amazing - I want to go jumping there :D

Annie said...

This looks like SO MUCH FUN!

Shyscout said...

Oh my goodness! How wonderful. I would love to bounce around on Stonehenge, haha.

Julie Lan said...

haha that is awesome, it's like a giant bouncey castle! I'd def go on there!!

Thelittleowl said...

Wooow! Madeline, I am SO jealous right now! This is amazing! It's a bouncy castle - and it's f*cking Stonehenge! How cool can a piece of art be?! I'd love to go there too! :)

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

I can really feel the child in me right now! Ooooh, how i love these! and it's just ginourmous!! x

wardrobe experience said...

hahaha, this is fun!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

The Waves said...

Wonderful pictures! I must say that I haven't jumped in a bouncy castle in... sheesh, it must be something like 20 years... but seeing your photos immediately brought back to me the feeling I know I had back in the day. It's weird how our brains work, isn't it? How a childhood memory can suddenly resurface just as if it was yesterday.

Anyway, I'm sorry I haven't been leaving comments in a long time... I haven't had any time to read blogs because there has been so much going on in my end. At some point I have to do some serious back-tracking with your blog! I noticed that you have some awesome posts about old photography... :)

Ergy Erg said...

AHHH THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER! At first I was like, shes on a bouncy castle this is brilliant but WOAH bouncy stone henge?! I am so happy to see it's coming near me soon :D thanks for sharing this, fingers crossed i'll be posting photos of me on bouncy stone henge too soon haha! xxxxx

Dizzy Tea said...

Oh gods, this looks awesome! Inflatable Stonehenge - so much win.

Madeline Quaint said...

Indeed, indeed!

Madeline Quaint said...

:D I want to see you bouncing too! You must go!!!

Madeline Quaint said...

Oh, yeah, I like time travel nowadays! :)
Never mind, I know you have a lot on! I hope the moving goes well! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

It is indeed! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

It was huuuge! really life-size! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

:) It was a huge piece of luck it travelled so near to where we stay!

Madeline Quaint said...

:) I know you would!

Madeline Quaint said...

Definitely a rare experience! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

It is! :D

Madeline Quaint said...

It's great they didn't have any age distriction - everyone from one to 80 were jumping!

foodfashionandflow said...

OMG! This looks like so much fun!