September 16, 2011

Haunted by the Seventies

PICT0033cs

I can't live without good 60s and 70s music - singable, danceable, upbeat... I love hearing actual instruments and rarely enjoy computer-generated sounds. I could go on and on about films as well... Watch Almost Famous if you want to fall in love with the decade completely!

PICT0027cs

Oh, 70s style! I have some original Burda magazines from the 70s and I cannot get over their brilliance. Burda is German pattern-magazine, and at that time it included about 5 times as many patterns as it does now - even nightclothes were a regular feature - providing an everyday angle to the day's fashion. I mean, imagine, you could even sew yourself flared pyjama bottoms! :)

PICT0031cs

The sunglasses I'm wearing are an original 70s pair that I got a few years ago at an antiques market. The proof that the shape is pure genious is the appearance of similar sunglasses in recent collections. Oh well, I got mine for about 10 Dollars. :)

PICT0035cs

So many people told me before I should have born earlier to be young in the 60s and 70s... I'm trying to style myself back sometimes, until somebody invents time-travel!

PICT0025cs


Wearing: Sunglasses: second hand, from an antiques market, Dress: New Yorker, 
Sandals: Tamaris, Necklaces: don't remember, but could be Jeans Club and Brigitte Bijou...

27 comments:

Pop Champagne said...

the green and purple go well togehter- this is an awesome inspired outfit! hope you have a great weekend :D

Catherine said...

Turquoise, purple and green - love the color combos. That dress looks super comfy too - I need more patterned ones like that!

Kirstin said...

You are so 70's! LOVE it!

Loren said...

This dress is adorable, I love the green shoes and necklace with it :)

Shybiker said...

Great look: the dress is special. I grew up in the Seventies and wouldn't trade that for any decade before or since. It was a time of real creativity and excitement. I've even blogged about it!

Sophie Touassa said...

Adoring the maxi dress!

xoxo
style roulette

PS: would love to invite you to join my turban headband giveaway at my blog, if you haven't yet!
http://thestyleroulette.blogspot.com/2011/09/ultimate-giveaway-turban-headband-from.html

Madeline Quaint said...

It is a very comfy dress indeed! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

I'd love to visit the 70s just to look around for a few days, to and people- and fashion-watch!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Ah, maybe in my next life I'll be born to a luckier decade musically - growing up surrounded by techno and boy bands is quite sad!

I'd love to read your 70s blogpost! I'll try to look for it on your blog!

Caroline Ergyerg said...

Liking the chunky sandals :D pretty dress too! xxxx

Jo Fletcher said...

Your 70s hair is amaaazing <3 <3 <3 And I love your green shoes!

x
Lost in the Haze

The Cat Hag said...

I adore this maxi dress on you, you look superb!! :)

Hehe and isn't Criminal Minds one of the best crime shows? I am such a huge Hotch and Reid fan. ♥


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Madeline Quaint said...

Yay for Dr. Spencer Raid, he's my absolute favourite! :)

Badtastetoasttoast said...

Oh what a pretty dress! I love the pops of green with the shoes and necklaces, very cute! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks! :)

jess said...

I love the layered necklaces. Almost Famous is one of my favorite movies.

BoulevarddelaMadeleine said...

You look amazing! Very "Almost Famous-esque." I agree the 60s/70s is definitely your decades. I,also, love the late 60s and early 70s which is kind of odd because my personal style is rather preppy. But maybe it is my inner flower child trying to shine.
Anyways your floral maxi dress is so pretty. And I love those fabulous green sandals.
A very groovy look from head to toe!
-Madeleine

DizzyTea said...

Beautiful! I love floral dresses and maxi dresses, two in one and what more can a girl want? I always admire the green sandals anyways, you've made a lovely outfit again.
xx

MysticShutterbug said...

I'm loving your accessories and of course your

Mystic Nymph said...

I'm loving your dress a lot. It's to die for! :-)

I'm a new follower. I hope you follow me back.

Much love from Mystic Nymph.

Madeline Quaint said...

It's defintely in my top 5! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Haha, let your inner flower child come out to play sometimes. :)

Thank you for your lovely words! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Oh no, I'll never know what! :D

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, it's a very flattering cut I think! :)

Lyddiegal said...

I know i've said it before, but i love those shoes.