February 16, 2012

Illustrated Shoot - Peacock

peacock1as



































Peacock feathers remind me of Art Nouveau, of lean and soft lines, gentle waves, pleasing symmetry and the most beautiful deep and broken colours. Of gardens with winding paths that lead to sweeping green grass where birds flaunt their colourful attire. Of misty evenings when hazy shapes lurk in the shadows...

peacock4s



































And if we’re talking blogs, of Pandora, of course.

peacock2s




































And the headpiece fixation continues... I created this one from two separate headbands bought in England, which I couldn’t resist, as they immediately made me yearn for beauty. That’s a good thing. :)

peacock3s




































The weather is terrilby wintry nowadays, yesterday snow was swirming everywhere during a few blizzards through the day and cars went slower than strolling people. Hardly weather conditions that beckon you to take pictures outside! So sorry, but indoors pictures it is for a while!

Wearing: DIY headpiece created from Primark headbands, gifted gown,
mismatching nail varnishes by Miss Sporty and Essence.

30 comments:

Feathers & Freckles said...

What a pretty headpiece! I was a peacock for halloween one year and made something similar for my costume but lost it that night :( You're making me want to make a new one!

steph j said...

I love those doodles you did at the sides of the photo!

I've been thinking of acquiring a peacock feather necklace after reading your post for some reason...

quinkitty said...

omg Your peacock headpiece is great! Looks very avant garde ish from the side! :)

Bad Taste Toast said...

Wow the pictures are so beautiful, I love your styling and illustrations! Gorgeous headpiece and pretty matching pattern on your blouse!
Beau.Ti.Ful!!!

Kira said...

I love the illustrations you added to your photos!

Madeline Quaint said...

I have to admit I didn't wear this one to work though. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much Lovely! :)

Loren Cline said...

Love the head band. Your drawings are lovely. I was just looking up peacock feathers the other day because I was going to incorporate some into a website design. They are much cooler than I originally thought.

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Kira! :)

TheGingerDiaries said...

Yes! an Illustrated shoot, I love theeeese! ^^ This one is fabulous again!! and I wish I had a wall near a window that I could pose in front of. I haven't been able to take any outfit photos either with all the snow and rain we've been having. I'm crossing my fingers for the weekend! xo Nikki

ShyScout said...

Indoor pictures are completely acceptable, stay warm lady! You look so pretty in these photos. I really like peacock feathers as well. The headpiece looks great with your hair :]

Dizzy Tea said...

Peacock feathers are always my favorites! This looks supremely 20s, loved it xxx

Leanna said...

Beautiful! Love the headpiece. :)

Chaucee said...

You have such gorgeous hair! And its complimented perfectly with your handmade headpiece. Great work!

Caroline said...

The first photo is super lovely :D great headband, love the colour of peacock feathers!! xxx

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much Loren! Yes, peacock feathers are a wonder of nature, really!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Nikki! :) Apparently spring is on it's way soon! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Ah, that's so nice to read! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, Leanna! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Oh, thank you!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Caroline Darling!

Ladyofashion said...

Great digital illustration and the peacock feathers just make everything look so beautiful. Love the first image and how the colours complement each other as they blend together.

Marisa Violeta said...

That is the prettiest headband! Very Pandora indeed :D
That first image is simply amazing! The colors are almost dancing together!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :) My sister just got a peacock feather necklace from Accessorize. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Oh, that sounds really nice! :) Thank you!

Jamillah said...

Oh friend, I love the first picture. Another gorgeous illustrated shoot. i hope the winter passes you soon.

Madeline Quaint said...

Me too! :) Thank you Lovely! :)