February 6, 2012

Tell Me Your Dreams

Well, you know I've been dreaming of snow... Finally, it's been snowing all weekend!
I'm so happy! :)

PICT0425cas





































I had to run out with my tripod to snap a few pictures! Then I put on one more sweater and picked up my umbrella to fend against the wind, and set off for a lovely, wonderful, beautiful, snow-filled walk in the Castle.

PICT0520cas




































The Castle District oozes history, there are always moments I feel I could be in another century.

PICT0491cas2




































Or a few decades back... Being told off for wandering into a side street by the president's residence by soldiers was a major let down... I hope we're not becoming a police state! Come on, I don't think I look anything like a terrorist. A girl with a see-through umbrella and a camera surely isn't a major threat.

PICT0478caautos




































There weren't many tourists about but those who dared the icy wind were in for a sure treat...

PICT0458ca2s




































Look at the Chain Bridge!

PICT0463ca2s





































And the Parliament behind a curtain of snow...

PICT0500cas



















Ah, bliss! :)

PICT0518cas


















Wearing: Doc Martens, Jeans Club sweater, Takko jeans, New Yorker coat, 
C&A circle scarf, umbrella from an underpass. (I wore a few more layers, rest assured! :)

37 comments:

Stacey Ko said...

Buda is so beautifull in snow!
Debrecen seems a lil bit boring :(

steph j said...

the scenery is beautiful, but brrrr! i'm freezing in my seat just looking at those photos! :p

Annie said...

Such pretty pics - I LOVE the snow :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Shybiker said...

Yay! Snow makes everything more beautiful. Nice pictures.

Sunjo said...

So beautiful! It brings back memories of when I visited Budapest. Although never in the snow! My favorite thing about your city is the baths :)

Kira said...

So pretty, that castle is amazing!

Marisa Violeta said...

That castle looks simply amazing with the snow on it! I really makes me want to visit Budapest!
It looks like is snowing everywhere but here. I guess I'm not going to see snow this year xD

Oh, and I'm loving your cool sweater!

BoulevarddelaMadeleine said...

I love these pictures. I actually crave snow just by looking at these. But, I don't think I could handle the cold..BRRRR!
-Madeleine

Jess said...

The snow looks so pretty. I barely gotten snow this winter.

Ladyofashion said...

I can see why you feel as if you were in another century. These are such beautiful photos, has such an artful and timeless appeal. + I love snow! xo

Madeline Quaint said...

While it's snowing, anywhere is pretty! I also love snow-covered forests...

Madeline Quaint said...

Haha, it's cold, true, but it's worth it. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Definitely! Thanks!

Madeline Quaint said...

Mine too! I love going to the baths! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

It's beautiful there...

Madeline Quaint said...

It's so lovely up at the castle... Absolutely worth a visit, Marisa. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

It's not so bad as in Poland, just about -10 Celsius. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

It's the first real snow here too, finally!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, snow changes the usual feel of things, I love it!

Lyddiegal said...

The snow always makes everything so pretty -- glad your wish came true!
I love your clear umbrella - I want one of those!

lucia said...

love it!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Madam Donut (Lora) said...

Beautiful photos! So glad you're enjoying the weather :)

And as always, swooning over those boots.

Jess said...

Good gracious I am jealous. I miss snow :(

Feathers & Freckles said...

The snow makes everything look so magical! These are lovely photos :)

Madeline Quaint said...

I've been looking for them for years, and then found them in an underpass, being sold by a street vendor... Of all places.

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks!

Madeline Quaint said...

:) Thanks Lora!

Madeline Quaint said...

It's the first real snow this winter, and very possibly the last one... I'm enjoying it while it lasts. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :)

Julie Lan said...

really pretty scenes, the snow makes it sort of enchanted I think, haha, even though I am sick of snow as we get so much here these pictures still made me go aww

www.popchampagneblog.com

Madeline Quaint said...

Haha, then my pictures are definitely a success. :)

Filipa Moreno said...

aww, snow! I miss it so much! When I was a little girl I used to live in the northeast of Portugal and sometimes, during winter, it would snow sometimes... it was so fantastic!
Amazing pictures! Everything looks so perfect with snow! Enjoy it! =D
Oh, and the boys thank you for the compliment! hehe ;)

Love, Pi

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, it means a lot from you, a great photographer! :)

Sarah said...

You rebel, you. (: Haha. The snow is gorgeous and I'm having fun looking through the photos... we got 1 day of snow and then it was outta here.

Madeline Quaint said...

It looks like the snow is over here as well... Now it's just very very very cold instead! :)

marianne m said...

my mom visited budapest a few years ago and she said that its one of the most beautiful cities she ever saw, and that hungarian people are very kind and helpful.i am so glad that i found a hungarian blogger. you have such a cool style!
this outfit is so in my league, i would totally wear it.
lots of love from Greece

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! I'm so glad your mum liked it here! :)