February 3, 2012

A Beginning and an Ending

A nice blogger asked me to design a cartoon of a girl playing dress up to use for her blog header. She wanted something pink and blue, but not baby-ish, and preferably a little girl who looks like her. This is what I came up with!

dressup1

Unfortunately you can't check how much the drawing resembles her as by the time I finished the design, she decided she will give up blogging... This is really sad, as her blog was a nice one and I was looking forward to seeing it evolve! Also, now this little doodle won't get used for anything much. I thought I'll at least post it here. If you fancy using it for something, for instance as an illustration, feel free, just link back to me! Drop me an e-mail and I send it to you in a bigger size. :)

Oh, and don't forget my blog's Facebook, I'm rather enjoying playing around with it! :)

25 comments:

Dizzy Tea said...

That's so cute! I have an artist friend too and I really enjoy it when she suddenly decides to draw a sketch of us, haha.

And so glad that you loved Sherlock! isn't it divine? Can't wait for season 3, there has been an apocalypse going on in Tumblr since the final episode ended. Oh yay! x

Nikki said...

You did a great job Madeline! I adore this illustration :) So sad she stopped blogging though :(

Ariane said...

this os cute Madeline! too bad she will not be using it

Have a nice weekend!

Ariane

Sunjo said...

Oh I love it, so cute! It's so awesome when people have hand drawn blogs. I'm horrible at drawing but a friend of mine is actually drawing something for me now :)

SkippySays said...

What a bummer- your design is so cute!
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Shybiker said...

What a pretty, and skillful, creation. Sorry to hear your friend stopped blogging.

ShyScout said...

What a shame! The illustration is really adorable :]

The Waves said...

What a cute image! Too bad it won't be used more. It is a shame that a lot of promising blogs come and go. I do understand it though, people have lives and sometimes it is tough to find an audience that is on the same wave length.

Sarah said...

I love the image

Madeline Quaint said...

Can't wait either! I'm so scared Moriarty didn't die! Why didn't he check???

Madeline Quaint said...

I know, it's a pity...

Madeline Quaint said...

Too bad, agreed! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

That's exciting! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

I know, it's a bit of a let down really!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks, it's a pity...

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Yes, it's difficult to start out with a blog... Anyway, at least I could show you the design. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks!

sabrina said...

amazing blog!!! i'm following you !!!if you like mine,do the same!!!

Freaky Friday

Freaky Friday FB FanPage

Valeria Laurenzi said...

Love your blog!!! xoxo from Rome

www.rockandfrock.com

Ps. Follow each other???

wardrobe experience said...

lovely drawing... what a pity that the blogger decided to give up blogging!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks!

Madeline Quaint said...

I know. :( Hopefully there will be more requests. :)

quinkitty said...

Hi Madeline, I love to see snow! because my country never snows you look so happy :)

Madeline Quaint said...

I am happy, I've been waiting for this snow all winter! :) I'd miss snow a lot if we never had any! :)