April 14, 2011

Hey, Purple Girl


This is what my boyfriend said when he came in through the door and saw me in these sunset-colours.




I love this purple top-something, it's a really comfortable t-shirt material, with no closure, that I got in a Chinese shop. I don't know if you have those in your countries, here, they're very basic clothes shops run by Chinese who live here and import clothing from China. I really couldn't be less interested in brand names, so I don't mind that my purple something doesn't even have a label sewn into it. It's comfortable, flattering and versatile - that's the main thing.







I fell for the vibrant colour of this tunic and although it's a few sizes big for me and probably wasn't intended as a dress, I couldn't leave it in the second hand shop. I wear a miniskirt underneath it, to avoid too much leg (or butt...) showing when I lift an arm or the wind is too harsh, like today.















I have to admit my favourite items to thrift are bags. Mainly because you don't have to try them on. :)


My necklace is a new aquisition, I fell in love with the tiny drawing of a city behind glass. The cuff was love at first sight as well - placing red right beside fuchsia? I had to have it! (Both handmade, from Jojó Art Shop.)

What do you enjoy shopping for the most? Are there any items or or shapes or colours that simply call your name and you can't leave without them? :)

20 comments:

Sarah said...

I wore purple in my blog post, too!

I'm not a brand person, either. If it fits and if I like it, it's good enough for me. I love how you paired sunset colors together. The effect is really elegant!

maya said...

I love your tights/shoe combination! (and everything else, of course.) And the city necklace is SO CUTE!

Madeline Quaint said...

Hey Sarah, nice of you to stop by! Yes, I think quality doesn't always go hand in hand with brandnames. Or put it this way, no-name things can be just as nice and sturdy as expensive stuff (sometimes even nicer).

Maya, thank you! :) I have a few necklaces from the same artist, I love her designs.

Titine and totoche said...

Hello Madeline!! I agree with you on the no brand topic, you can find really nice things that don't have a brand, made out of quality material. Ooh and I've been to those Chinese stores, they actually have interesting clothes, you get to see what's in in China (double in haha), so it's cool to see different styles as well.

Also, I really like the bag and the necklace!!

Saludos!! :)

alexandra grecco said...

love all those colors, especially with your red hair!

xx
alexandra

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much Alexandra! Great to see you here, I'm a frequent visitor to your blog. :)

Mary ♥ Mur said...

♥I love your blog so much.)) ♥

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, Mary, yours is lovely too! :)

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

Love your hair & that bag is actually perfect. x hivenn

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks, Hiven! The bag is almost perfect, yes, as unfortunately it's not leather, but it was very cheap. :)

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

That dress looks lovely!
xxx

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks Caroline, it was a great find!:)

Dasdusha said...

You have a great hair! I like you dress.
I follow you. :)

http://dasdushablog.blogspot.com/

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, Dasdusha, you have a great blog too! Headed over to comment there! :)

Vicki said...

this purple goes great with your hair colour :) x

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks Vicki, it would suit your hair colour too! :)

Leanna said...

Love this color combination! The red dress is sooo cute. Love the whole look!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Leanna! :)

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

That dress looks lovely!
xxx

Mary ♥ Mur said...

♥I love your blog so much.)) ♥