April 11, 2011

Weekend Away

I took a weekend's leave from the Internet and disappeared to this beautiful place.

This is Opatija, a Croatian town on the Adriatic, on the Kvarner Riviera, to be precise. A town that used to be a resort more than a 100 years ago, in the times of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The architecture is stunning...

We didn't only step back in time, but had a glimpse of summer too, as the weather was gorgeous. This is what I wore while travelling - I have to say I look a bit exhausted, but after waking up at 4:30 and arriving more than 10 hours later I think it's just normal. :)

The necklace I wear is a traditional souvenir from Croatia - laquered gingerbread. We received a pair from an aquaintance in Zagreb, and I couldn't resist wearing one. However tacky it is. :)

I always travel in tights or leggings, depending on the weather. I feel much more comfortable spending hours on trains and buses more covered up. Arriving into the great weather of the Adriatic, these tights were a little warm, so the next day I switched to a much more summery attire, which I will post soon! :)

5 comments:

Kirstin@CrimsonRosella said...

Wow, it looks so beautiful! Looks like a lovely weekend!

Madeline Quaint said...

Kristin, it's a wonderful place! :)

Titine and totoche said...

Hi!! Oooh it looks so pretty!! The architecture is fantastic! It's so cool that you get to live in a country and visit another just a train ride away! Plus you get to visit little towns like this one. Also I like that you travel in tights, very ladylike, after an awful awful tights experience I wear jeans all that time haha.

About your previous post! That looks soooo hard to do, I would totally give up! But they really look beautiful!! Waiting for the other pics ;)!

Madeline Quaint said...

Yeah, Pau, the Kvarner Riviera is a great place that deserves more publicity!

Gosh, the awful tights experience sounds scary! Maybe I shouldn't ask. :)

LyddieGal said...

a cookie as your necklace? adorable!
love the navy dress as well!

Chic on the Cheap