April 6, 2011

Handmade... Books

I've been looking forward to trying my hand at making books for a long time, and finally I did, attending a workshop for 9 hours - these two lovelies are the result.

 

Well, if someone ever gives you a handmade blank book as a present, revere it (and them), as a lot of time and effort goes into making these. But they're absolutely worth it. :)



My models wear scrapbooking paper, H&M and Jojó Art Shop roses
and lounge around on my clothes. :)

On a different note, this is what I wore today. I'm so inspired by Art Nouveau patterns at the moment (as you can see above). I'm aware of this wrap dress not being truly Art Nouveau, but it reminds me of it - and that's more than enough for something thrifted for ridiculously cheap!


Thrifted dress, Chinese leggings, Joid'art necklace and the same pink Humanic shoes hiding in the grass.

 These are my first attempts at taking my own pictures - thus the uncomfortable look. :)

Oh, and look, now you can:
Follow my blog with bloglovin

13 comments:

Lea said...

Ha! I still feel less awkward when I take my own photos. I feel less self conscious when it's just me and my camera. The sun behind you is so lovely.

And bookmaking! I love it so. Probably because I like being OCD about things. and I like pretty paper. and I like blank books :) <3 Lea

Madeline Quaint said...

The awkwardness comes from being absolutely aware of the people in the park who might/might not watch me. :) Have to get used to it, I guess!

I love paper... So you make books too? :)

Genevieve said...

I need to try making books! With graph paper (my obsession)

DizzyTea said...

These books look gorgeous! I've been meaning to try something like this for a while but could never find a workshop suits me.

Floral dress is so pretty, art nouveau is the best thing that has ever happened to humanity in my opinion. My loveforMucha is endless! You may enjoy his illustrations as well. xxx

http://dizzytea.blogspot.com

Sabrina T. said...

i like so much your dress and the first part of the post:)well done!
Follow me if you like mine dear...
i'd be very happy:)kiss

patchworkporter.blogspot.com

Clara said...

love your blog! <3

Marisa Violeta said...

Those books look great! I wanted to do a notebook like that but sadly I guess I'm not good with those kind of things xD

Madeline Quaint said...

Genevieve, great idea with the graph paper!

DizzyTea, I love Mucha too! Keep looking for a workshop, as it's a wonderful feeling holding the book you put together. :)

Sabrina, thank you! :)

Clara, thanks as well! :)

Marisa, nice to see you! Don't underestimate your talents. :)

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

The books are beautiful! The first one is my favourite, i'd love to be able to make books!
xxxxx

Courtney said...

That's so cool you attended that workshop! I would love to learn how to make books.

--Courtney

Madeline Quaint said...

It was great! I wonder if I can make them again at home... We'll see! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

It was great! I wonder if I can make them again at home... We'll see! :)

Genevieve said...

I need to try making books! With graph paper (my obsession)