July 14, 2011

Be Inspired! - By Pau from Titine and Totoche

Hi all, I'm still on holiday, but don't despair, I've asked some of my favourite blogger-friends to fill in for me! I loved reading about Pau's sources of inspiration, I hope you find them just as uplifting that I did! Hop over to their blog to read more about Venezuelan life and subtle and fun style! 


tt_port
Hello! My sister and I blog over at Titine & Totoche, though she’s more behind the scenes. We’re from Venezuela and we love fashion, food, nature, travelling, cats and music. :)
When Madeline asked me to guest post on her blog, I was so happy and slightly nervous because the task included finding inspiring pictures. I always see pictures around the internet or in books that I like or make me think about other things, but inspiring? I really had to think about what inspires me, and because of it, this was an excellent mental exercise.

tt_pic1
Source: http://bit.ly/pH1V23

What inspires me: 1500 musicians (choir & orchestra) playing together

The Orquesta Juvenil Simón Bolívar and its director Gustavo Dudamel are currently a source of
great pride in Venezuela. In a politically divided country, through their amazing music they’ve been able to bring us together and get lots of recognition abroad. This picture then, symbolizes the importance of music; it also reflects hard work and dedication.

tt_pic2
Picture by Titine and Totoche

What inspires me: Books/ Stories/ Novels

Through books we learn about new places and life lessons, historical events and imaginary ones too, we bond with characters and travel through time. I’ve never ever cried watching a movie, but I’ve cried reading books.

singing_rain_pic3
Source: http://bit.ly/rqTw6Q

What inspires me: Music, love, song and dance

This is one of my favorite movies. The song, the dance, the reason why he’s actually dancing and the rain/ splashing action are absolutely fantastic.

tt_pic4
Source: http://bit.ly/q59wUX

What inspires me: A mountain range that hugs my city

My city is located in a valley, surrounded by the most beautiful mountain range El Ávila. It’s visible from the east to west of the city, and it’s a symbol of cultural identity. Its greatness and changing colors make me instantly happy and calm. The first picture is a painting by Manuel Cabré who throughout his career only painted the Ávila.

Thank you so much Madeline!! :)

You're very welcome Pau, thank you! :)

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

Very neat, loved seeing your inspiration!

Titine & Totoche said...

Thank uuuu!!! :)