December 23, 2011

Christmas is in the Details


Happy Christmas to Everyone!


I hope looking at these pictures make you as happy as it makes me! Their atmosphere captured me the first time I saw them as a child, and I'm captivated since...


They are etchings by Arnold Gross, who creates minuscule worlds in dreamy colours, using a special colouring technique. He's probably my favourite artist and he inspired me in many ways, even in my hope to become a graphic artist.


Those familiar with Budapest - this drawing above is actually very accurate, only the real Budapest is not this idyllic... (Especially when taking part in a demonstration against the government's antidemocratic steps is what you do on the day before Christmas. By the way it was a very atmospheric demonstration. :)


Please click on the pictures to admire the gorgeous details! Looking through Arnold Gross's pictures is one of the most festive things I can imagine!

Here in Hungary we celebrate Christmas on the 24th, so I'm looking forward to decorating the tree and dressing up nicely and meeting a load of relatives and playing with little cousins all night! (Regardless of being a "grown up" I enjoy sharing the kids' happiness and trying out the new toys the most. :) For the first time, my Boyfriend is celebrating Christmas with us, so I'm looking forward to it even more!

Enjoy your holidays! :)



(Dear Arnold Gross, please don't take it as an offence that I posted your pictures, I love them and would like to spread the word so more people will love them all around the world! :)

23 comments:

Kira said...

Beautiful artwork!

Shybiker said...

What beautiful drawings. Merry Christmas!

Dizzy Tea said...

I loved these! Happy holidays to you, merry Christmas and a happy new year :)

And also, I've tagged you with a questionnaire in my blog. Take a look at it when you can! xx

Titine & Totoche said...

Hi! Woow they are beautiful, so many details! Hope you enjoyed your holidays with your family : )

Feathers & Freckles said...

Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing :) Happy Holidays!

chillairandperfume said...

Beautiful etchings! Hope you had a lovely holiday weekend :)

xo,
Hannah

www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

SkippySays said...

Hope you had a wonderful x-mas with your family and boyfriend :)
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

These are lovely :D the colours are so pretty! xxx

Madeline Quaint said...

I think so too! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks, it was the best! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Very welcome, I really really love his creations. Have a great end of the year! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, it was a great Christmas! :) Glad you like the etchings!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, I'll go over and have a look! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! Hope you're enjoying your holidays too!

Madeline Quaint said...

He's a genious. :)

wardrobe experience said...

hope you had amazing holidays... happy new year!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Grit and Glamour said...

Hope you had a lovely Christmas, and all the best in 2012!

Madeline Quaint said...

To you too, Lovely! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you V, to you too! :)

Rachel said...

These prints are unbelievable. I love the coloring and like you said the detail. Thanks for sharing.

<3 Rachel

Madeline Quaint said...

I'm so glad you like them Rachel! I'm working on your drawing! :)

The Magpiegirl said...

these are beautiful! :) x

Ladyofashion said...

I love the colours in the etchings ... Beautiful works. Hope you had a Happy Christmas. Happy New Year