December 31, 2011

Good Things

There were so many good things that happened in 2011!

I was inspired by so many things, saw wonderful sights, read many great things, both abroad and in Hungary and on great blogs run by great girls! After all, it's all because of you that I started my own blog this year and it's been such a great experience! I met some lovely people online and I hope the coming year will bring some real-life blogger meetings too!

PICT0079cas

I had the luck to work together with an amazing photographer, Zsófi Raffay, and styled some really lovely ladies. The first time I had the chance to work as a stylist and I really hope 2012 will bring even more opportunities. I can't wait!

So many thrift shopping tours made me really happy (for instance when I got this dress, my favourite find of the year! :).

I draw and doodled and loved it all!

PICT0074cas

The times we spent together with my Boyfriend were wonderful... I don't want to be cheesy but really, I'm so happy we've found each other with Marco more than 7 years ago!

I think the days I spent in Croatia with him will always be a fond memory of mine... We were lucky to get a room where we saw the sea from our bed and woke with the rising sun. The loveliest time of the year.

I was also lucky enough to swim in the Atlantic this year and enjoy the many delights of Devon... The moment the ice cold waves rush over you and you're immersed in endorphins and laugh and jump and just want to hug the sea, it's unforgettable!

I got so much support from my Mum, my Boyfriend and my great friends, I'm so insanely lucky to have them! Oh, and our cat. She makes me happy every time I see her, which is no mean feat!

PICT0077cas

I also got actively involved in politics this year and going on demonstrations against the Hungarian goverment's crazy rulings made such a difference to my outlook on the world. Social consciousness plays an ever-increasing part in my life and I'm really glad about living my life with more to think about.

PICT0072cas

This year I've also made some decisions concerning career steps which I'm really glad I did, and I hope 2012 I will see my plans even more clear.

Last but not least, I have so many plans for this blog for 2012! I can't wait! :)

What was the best in 2011 for you? I'd love to hear!
Have a great New Year's Eve (I can't wait to dance the night away!) and all you wish for in the New Year!

PICT0084cas

Wearing: a thrifted dress by Tomasz Starzewski, Calzedonia tights, Vagabond shoes
and a handmade necklace that incorporates stone and glass... A Christmas gift.
The artist keeps it a secret how he molds the two. How amazing is it, really?

25 comments:

Kallie, Happy Honey & Lark said...

It sounds like you've had a marvelous year! I hope that next year is even better for you! Happy New Year! xo

Badtastetoasttoast said...

Wow this is such a lovely recap of 2011! I adore the chic black dress that you're wearing in the photos and this unique and beautiful necklace!
Here's to many more years for your cute blog :)

Happy new year!

SkippySays said...

Madeline that dress is so incredibly beautiful on you- so elegant, so feminine, just so lovely in general. And that necklace is beautiful as well :)
http://www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Kira said...

Sounds like a great year! I love your black dress!

Kirstin said...

I loveeee this pretty dress! Happy New Year!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Kallie, the best year to you too! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Happy New Year! :) See you in Budapest sometime? :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Lovely! Hope you have a wonderful 2012! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks, it was the find of the year, definitely. :) Have a great year!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you and a happy 2012 to you too! :)

Jess said...

You look gorgeous, Madeline.

PopChampagne said...

oooh, such a lovely black dress! hope you have a great 2012 and happy new year<3

www.popchampagneblog.com

Feathers & Freckles said...

You look absolutely beautiful - love this dress on you!

I also am loving the changes you made to your blog, it looks so cute! Happy 2012 :)

Loren Cline said...

This dress is gorgeous on you. And that necklace is amazing.

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Jess! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks, I'm trying to find a layout that's me. :) I think this one is finally a keeper!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Loren, I love jewellery that's really one of a kind!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you darling, to you too! :)

Gabaldrina1685 said...

you look amazing!
Love your black dress :)
kisses!

Caroline said...

It sounds like you had the most amazing year :D your dress is very pretty, i love the lacey top to it! Hope 2012 will be super magical for you with lots of sparkles and lovely adventures! xxxx

kellenHofer said...

WOW that dress and that necklace are stunning!!

xo

http://kellen-andsoitgoes.blogspot.com/

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Gabi! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Ooh, sounds good! Wishing you lots of unicorns and rainbow hair! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Sometimes the best dresses are to be found in second hand shops. :)

wardrobe experience said...

amazing dress.... :)