January 5, 2012

Illustrated Shoot - Snowing Inside

snow6s


























It's snowing inside me but it would be wonderful if it snowed outside too!

snow5s




































This winter we only saw about half an hour of snowfall, and I dearly miss watching snowflakes glisten in the halo of streetlights and seeing kids sleighing down the slope near to our flat.

snow7s




































One of my first memories is standing in the garden of the nursery school and watching the snow fall on my coat, then looking closely and realising that it was made up of tiny, symmetric starshaped crystals...

snow4s




































Then when I was in primary school, one year the first snow fell on my birthday and my father said he organised it for me. I was so happy!

snow2s



















I also remember walking the streets of Budapest with my first boyfriend and realising that heavy snowflakes cast little shadows on the ground - you can see the snowflake and its shadow nearing towards each other as they fall.

snow1s




































At least in my memories I can always see the snow!

Drawings by me
Wearing: thrifted silk blouse, Takko jeans, Converse shoes and H&M flowers.

27 comments:

Annie said...

Love your blouse...super cute, and what a great color on you :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Feathers & Freckles said...

This looks so cool! Love the snowflakes, and that color looks beautiful with your hair color.

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, I think I might be overdoing turquoise-like shades... I can't help it!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! I can't seem to get enough turquoise, I just realised my header was a similar colour too. :) I guess light blue goes well with the atmsphere of January...

Mycodos said...

you are so clever! I love it

Sarah said...

I haven't seen a lick of snow yet, either. It isn't even cold enough right now. ): One time I made it snow inside in July, but that involved the innards of a beanbag chair and five children under the age of six, haha. Also, good job looking all demure and gorgeous by the window, miss. (:

Madeline Quaint said...

LOL, I can imagine that type of snow!

By the window is the only place there's sort of enough light... It's way too cold outside to take pictures without two sweaters and a coat! :)

Kira said...

We haven't had snow here this year yet. It often starts in January, so I'm waiting. I love your illustrated photos!

Loren Cline said...

I love your top, and the snow flake effect is really lovely. We haven't gotten much snow here yet, but there is still time! I love the way it makes the whole world seem so much quieter and muffled.

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Kira! I keep waiting and hoping too. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Exactly! It's really so much calmer then... I love snowy evenings!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you!

two birds said...

what a beautiful post! i love your memories. the one of your dad on your birthday is so sweet! living in minnesota, it's not often that we miss the snow, but this year, we have only have a few scant snowfalls...it is a beautiful sight to see when it first falls!

Madam Donut (Lora) said...

aw, what lovely memories! thank you for sharing them :) and you look beautiful as always. i love you in green!

Lyddiegal said...

sorry you haven't gotten a magical snow fall just yet this year, there has been a surprising lack of snow here as well.

Love that green blouse - gorgeous color!

Madeline Quaint said...

I wonder why snow is keeping away this year!
Thank you for your lovely comment! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks Lora, I'm in green-blue overload... :D

Madeline Quaint said...

Let's hope the snow will still arrive this winter! :)

wardrobe experience said...

love your blouse so much... great colour for you hair.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Dizzy Tea said...

Green is definitely your color, loved the blouse xx

Titine & Totoche said...

So pretty!!

Madeline Quaint said...

So glad you like it! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Ipek, sorry for not posting the tag yet!

Madeline Quaint said...

Haha, it's great you can make kids happy with saying things like that! :) I'm quite sure I didn't believe it but it felt nice to imagine it being true. :)

Jamillah said...

Oh friend, I love that story of your dad. It is so sweet and the way you do these illustrations always blows me away. This one is no exception, so so pretty.

blytheponytailparades said...

These are such sweet pictures :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :)