January 12, 2012

Recolour

PICT0125cas






















I asked my Sister to take some pictures of me so there is finally a change in the background! She took some great pictures - the only problem is that I was shooting jewellery in a darker corner just before and forgot to change the settings... So the focus and colouring of the pictures looks a bit funny but at least they are interesting. :)

hat1





















The jacket I'm wearing is the one I've exchanged the buttons on back in December - you can read about this awesomely simple DIY here!

PICT0115c3s





































This bag was my Christmas present from my Mum, and to put it simply, I'm in love with it. :) The handles are leather (as well as the adjustable strap, which I took off for now), and the bag has millions of pockets and it's colours are just gorgeous... The girl who makes them really pays attention to every detail and the bag is beautifully finished. A perfect example of how much joy a handmade item can give you... This bag is truly special and so much more personal than a mass producted bag with a brandname stamped on it.

hat3





















Meet my good old sweater dress which I didn't used to wear for years because I was ashamed of my funny curves and here I am, not only wearing it in public, but also posting pictures of it on the Internet. Blogging can work both ways - it can make you more self-conscious about what you wear, but it also gives you more confidence, in your style choices as well as in the acceptance of your shape. At least that's how I experience it. What about you?  

PICT0145cas



















Wearing: the black thrifted jacket self-customised, the dress was a present from my Mum ages ago, the handmade bag is from Jojó Art Shop, hat from a Chinese shop, 
scarf and cuff from Brigitte Bijou, necklace and bracelet from Bershka, 
Calzedonia tights, Doc Martens boots.

30 comments:

Lasalleariane said...

This is a nice mix!
Love the hat you wear it well
The jacket with new buttons is so cute, yoi know it matches your cute purse.
Love your Doc Martens! I must get myself a pair!

Ariane

Feathers & Freckles said...

Love all the colors - that scarf is beautiful!

Sarah said...

I think I've said it before, but you have an amazing body so I'm glad you've gained confidence through your blog because dang, girl. Dang. Also, I love that when I read where you bought stuff, half of the time it is some small shop or obscure place. It adds to the mystery. (:

You look great in the colors you mixed and you should tell your sister she did pretty great with your photos.

SkippySays said...

I'm sorry what is there to be ashamed of? You look bangin' in that dress! And I love your tights and scarf too :)
http://www.saysskippy.blogspot.com/

Dizzy Tea said...

Oh loved the hat! Hat adds so much into the outfit, don't you think? You have a lovely figure by the way, jelaous! x

Loren Cline said...

I was going to comment that you looked seriously AWESOME in that dress, there is no shame in having some curves.
I love the purse, and your personalized jacket looks great!

Grit and Glamour said...

Fantastic hat! And girl, there ain't NOTHIN' wrong with your shape...you're a perfect little hourglass! More sweater dresses for you! I

Badtastetoasttoast said...

Oooh such a lovely hat on you, it looks great with the necklace and scarf on the black dress, so classy! Also this bag is really cute! It would be far too small for me (I always carry around half my apartment in my bag haha).

Oh hey I will be in Budapest for 4 days next month with a friend and I was wondering if you maybe have some shopping tips for me apart from Vaci út?

Have a lovely weekend! :)

Badtastetoasttoast said...

Hey!

Thanks for the answer. Bags and jewelry sound good to me :) Unfortunately we're not there over the weekend, only Monday to Friday.
Haha I've been to so many of the big malls last time because I was looking for a certain pair of shoes, I definitely liked Arena Mall.

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Ariane! My Docs are my best buy ever - absolutely get a pair, you won't regret it!

Madeline Quaint said...

I saw it and immediately thought of Art Nouveau patterns. I'm a sucker for Art Nouveau... I think we've discussed that before. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Lovely! :)
There's definitely only one Jojó Art Shop in the whole world and it is tiny and obscure. :D It's also the best source of handmade accessories, like this bag. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Skippy! Wow, I'm blown away by all your nice comments. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, Ipek! The hat was so cheap I had to get it - though I have a similar one in brown. Anyway, it's one thing that I probably won't grow out of. :D

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Loren, especially that you like the jacket! :) It's something I can totally imagine you wearing!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much Vahni! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

I'm the same, so I consciously buy smaller bags so that I'd have to limit the amount of stuff I carry around. :) The same designer makes bags 2 or 4 times bigger than this one and they are simply gorgeous too... She really is a genious bagmaker!

Madeline Quaint said...

Oh, then you miss the markets... I'll get together some nice inderpendent shops then. :) If you'd like to meet up, shoot me an e-mail!

(My fave mall is Allee by the way, it's really spacious and not crowded at all. Sometimes I get a bit claustrophobic in malls, but Allee has a nice feel to it!)

The Waves said...

Hey there! Oh you look awesome in that dress and the Doc Martens! Love the hat, too.

I know what you mean re: feeling both self-conscious and encouraged by blogging at the same time. I keep going back and forth between thinking that blogging has been great for my sense of style, and that it has made me a little bit too self-aware. Oh well, what can you do, right? :)

(It's really good to be back to blogging - one of these days when I have time, I'm going to read all of your posts from the time I was away!)

Ladyofashion said...

I love these colours. Such a great stylish and artistic shoot. And of course I'm fond of that beautiful hat! -xxoo

Madeline Quaint said...

So nice to have you back, Waves! :)

I kept thinking about this topic after mentioning it here, and I realised blogging gives me confidence because my general surroundings wouldn't be as positive about imaginative style as the blog world is. Hungary is very judgmental, and people really stare at you on the street or even tell you off if you're wearing something that doesn't fit in. The world of style blogging is exactly the opposite. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, it's a great hat, right? :)

two birds said...

if i looked like that in a sweater dress, i'd wear it every day! you look great. i love all the color in the outfit!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, some of my favourite colours! :)

Kori said...

The bag is adorable! I love it, and will now go check out more from the designer!

Jess said...

I love the scarf.

Jessa Belle said...

Wonderful! I so love those buttons on your coat! I am a sucker for things that are not the same! Adds so much personality to an item.

Love & Lollies... Jessa

Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

Madeline Quaint said...

That's great Kori! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks Jess!

Madeline Quaint said...

Glad you like the idea! :)
And your "love and lollies", a fun way of saying goodbye! :)