April 6, 2012

Instant Pattern Mixing

PICT0016cas




































Happy Easter weekend everyone! I hope the sun shines wherever you are!

PICT0005ca2s




































I've been trying to incorporate more pattern mixing into my outfits, here's another mild try. I've had these tights for ages and this thrifted top seemed to be made for them!

PICT0010cas




































In other news, please check out Carina's blogpost about our Budapest meeting! She edited our pictures much more professionally and wrote up her side of the story so sweetly! :)

PICT0012cas



















Back to the clothes: undoubtedly the star of this outfit is this bracelet my Mum got me as a present for Christmas (and it gets to Easter until I show it off on the blog... :). It's from a design market, and the genious of  it is that you can exchange the buttons, which are patented on the surface.
 PICT0013cas


















What a great idea! It gave me a chance to mix pinkinsh and bluish hues and stripes and dots... Voilá, instant pattern mixing!

PICT0014cas



















Wearing: gifted bracelet from a design market, leather bracelet from Jojó Art Shop, 
thrifted top, miniskirt from a random boutique, H&M belt and ring and tights, 
Zara bag, Deichmann shoes, handmade earrings DIY-ed into clip-ons by me.

30 comments:

Nikki || The Ginger Diaries said...

That bracelt is super cute =) so pretty! I'm defo going to take a look at Carinas blog now! x

Annie said...

Love the subtle pattern mixing you got goin' on! And that bracelet is too cute. Happy Friday :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Loren Cline said...

I love these tights! The pattern mixing looks great.

fashionforgiants said...

That bracelet is awesome. And I love the subtle pattern-mixing.

Happy Easter, Madeline!

foodfashionandflow said...

That bracelet is just to cute! Love your outfit also.

Bad Taste Toast said...

I love the purple tights, they look great with the darker tones on the skirt and shirt! And aaaw the bracelet is cuteee :)

Jess said...

The bracelet is fun!

Kira said...

Cute, love the tights!

Titine & Totoche said...

Hello!! Cool tights & prints! And you always have the coolest accessories from a local designer / design market : ) yay for supporting local

Lasalleariane said...

this bracelet is so clever, i just love it
nice pattern mixing now you have to get bolder! you can do it girl!

Ariane xxxxx

Catherine Summers said...

Oooh I love pattern mixing (I think most of my outfits are) - the bracelet is wonderful!! Love!

Catherine x
http://notdressedaslamb.com/

wardrobe experience said...

cute outfit...
happy easter!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

Madeline Quaint said...

Yay, thanks! Her blog is definitely worth a visit! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Annie! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks, I still have a long way to go! :D

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you darling, happy Eater to you too! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

:) Thanks Carina! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks Jess! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Kira!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you for noticing, Lovely! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Haha, thank you Ariane! I need more courage, like you have! :D

Madeline Quaint said...

I still have a long way to go when it comes to pattern mixing, but I'm trying! :D

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :)

Marisa Violeta said...

I wish I knew better how to mix patterns because it looks really cool. I mean, REALLY cool! Sometimes I feel like my outfits are too boring and plain. The pattern mixing tecnique looks like a great way to spice up some regular outfit! Oh, and the bracelet your mom gaves you is simply amazing! You should wear it more often! :D

Lyddiegal said...

your subtle pattern mixing works well - you really can't go wrong!
Your bracelet is really unique, what a cool find!

BoulevarddelaMadeleine said...

I love pattern mixing.
Your bracelet is so cute! I love the whole concept of changing buttons.
Very fun.
-Madeleine

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks Marisa Lovely! Yeah, I agree, pattern mixing is great, I wish I was more daring with it! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

The bracelet part is easy, now comes the actual clothes! :D

Madeline Quaint said...

It's a great idea, isn't it? :)