November 27, 2012

Photographic Time Travel 1920-1930

fortepan_13154s


















Probably thanks to period movies I have a distinct picture in my head of 20s looks and fashions - much like the picture above and below.

fortepan_9504s






















However, looking through Fortepan's amateur photographs you don't only see the "do take a picture of me in my best dress" and "well off people in the park" shots, but real, everyday people going about their business... And how different those looks and settings can be!

fortepan_20139s

































My favourite photo from this lot... So everyday, so laid back, so simply, effortlessly perfect.

fortepan_11791s






































She's way ahead of her time, isn't she?

fortepan_8232s





















I find it so captivating how they all look into the camera like they'd look into your eye.

fortepan_20978s




















I trend to forget that longago people still had fun. :)

fortepan_21089s




















I wonder who these youngsters are and how did they get to know each other?

fortepan_20982s
























And one more for laughs: twenties trolling. :D

In case you missed my previous Time Travelling posts, here they are:
Photographic Time Travel 1900-1910,
Photographic Time Travel 1910-1920.

All of these wonderful pictures are from Fortepan.hu, which collects amateur photographs from 1900 to 1990, mostly from Hungary, which you can browse and enjoy and also share if you feel like it! The creators collected old negatives and slides, saved pictures from being lost forever. Luckily for us, one day they started to scan and publish them online for everyone to see. So now time travel really is possible for us! All we need is some free time to immerse ourselves in the everyday life of the 20th century... So go on and visit Fortepan and have a browse. You can also read more about their project here!

fortepan_15468s





































<3

10 comments:

lasalleariane said...

This is wonderful Madeline, i will check their website for i adore old photographs!

Ariane

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Such lovely photos! Wonderful! 
And thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog! I also don't believe in numbers but agents and people in those kinds of positions do, so that is a problem...

Sarah With A Bow said...

Thanks for sharing these. I love looking through vintage photographs. I follow a blog that posts vintage photographs of my city and it's so fun to look at and see how things have changed and how they've stayed the same.

Feathers & Freckles said...

These are such cool images! I love seeing vintage photographs. It's so fun to see what styles have come back. 

fashionforgiants said...

I love vintage photos and these are just wonderful.  Gorgeous, gorgeous images.

ni77cola said...

lovely pictures. this post is so inspiring.

ni77cola said...

i hate disqus, it always show a part of my name i actually want to keep away from blogland ...
wardrobe experience

willow R. C-C said...

What a stunning array of photos! I often wish time travel were possible, but clothes from past eras and being able to view images like these is next best thing.

Anonymous said...

I really like what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever work and coverage!

Keep up the amazing works guys I've you guys to my personal blogroll.

Here is my web blog ... exercises to improve vertical jump

Anonymous said...

magnificent points altogether, you just won a new reader.
What could you recommend in regards to your post that you simply made a few days ago?
Any positive?

Feel free to visit my webpage; exercises to increase vertical jump