March 28, 2012

Bloggers and Bridges

IMG_3731cas




































What a busy week! Lots of new experiences, lots of new people!

PICT0132cas




































Let me introduce Carina, who's a German blogger behind the Bad Taste Toast blog. She's visiting Hungary on business, and being a lovely girl that she is, she suggested a blogger meetup!

PICT0127cas

IMG_3740cas

We met for coffee and cakes last week, and got on so well (even without mentioning blogs) that we decided we should meet up for a stroll and picture taking in the weekend. Let me tell you, it's amazing to walk around, see a great photo spot and having someone with you who understands your enthusiasm and even takes your pictures! :D

IMG_3733cas




































Obviously gritty backgrounds are my weakness. What can I say, I love rust. :)

PICT0137cas
PICT0159cas




































Carina's favourite Budapest bridge is the lovely green Freedom Bridge, so we headed over to snap some photos overlooking the Danube. Playing tourist in your own city - what a great way to spend the weekend. Suddenly you see well-known sights differently!

PICT0163cas


IMG_3763cas


IMG_3752cas




















































Then we walked up Gellért Hill and agreed that the weather was simply perfect, not too cold, not too hot... Ideal for sightseeing as the skies were so clear.

PICT0173cas



















We stayed on the top of the hill, looking down at the city and discussing blogging and other things until the sun started to set, then we strolled down the hill towards Elizabeth Bridge bathed in warm light, and decided that this definitely wasn't our last meeting. In fact, we're planning another one this week, while Carina is in Budapest.

Carina, thank you for the great pictures and the great times!
Check out Carina's blog on her take on our meetup and whimsical, fun style!

PICT0175cas



















My first ever blogger meetup was a definite success. Looking forward to more to come. Any of you visiting Budapest this summer? :)

PICT0184cas




































Wearing: Bag, brooches and rings from Jojó Art Shop, Scarf from Bahia, Earrings from an art market, Takko jeans, thrifted jacket and top, shrug from a Chinese shop, Doc Martens. 

All brill pictures of me by Carina! Editing and other photos by me.


38 comments:

Annie said...

Such great photos, sounds so fun! Loving her skirt, and your pink scarf - so cute :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Nikki || The Ginger Diaries said...

So lovely! Sounds and looks like you two had a great great meet-up =D I wish I could come over as I originally had planned! Maybe still, if I have a little luck, I can make it down there in September. I keep my fingers crossed! x

Ashlyn Kittrell said...

I love the background, I seem to have a weakness for similarly deteriorating spots. I've planned a shoot this weekend in an abandoned pool that is now used as prop storage for a university theatre department...so many delicious adjectives for the one spot ;). I love both of your outfits and it seems like you had a lovely time, I definitely want to get some blogger meet ups going in my area!

Kira said...

That looks like a really fun day!

LV said...

It looks like you both had fun and of course you look stylish:-) These are such great photos. Love it!

BoulevarddelaMadeleine said...

Fun, Fun Fun! I've never done a blogger meet up but I always wanted too.
I love all your photos. Wish I was there.
-Madeleine

Bad Taste Toast said...

Yaayy cool, I love the pics you put together for this post! :)
I'm a bit behind, I think I'll post my part of the story at the weekend when I'm back home.
THANK YOU so much for the lovely meet-up and for showing me around a bit, it's always so great to mingle with the locals here in Budapest! It was such a nice way to spend the Saturday :)
And köszönöm for taking the photos too!

See you tomorrow ;)

Loren Cline said...

So fun, looks like you two had a fantastic time! Love the photos you've got.

Katia said...

You two are so stylish! Looks like you had a great time. Meeting bloggers in real life must be really exciting :)

Cute blog! Love your doodles & outfits :)
xo
http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

Steph Jiang said...

Looks like you girls had a great time! (: The view from the bridge is stunning.

Thanks for dropping by my blog by the way! ♥

Lyddiegal said...

blogger meetups are the best - it's so great you found someone you clicked with so well! Love your rusty backdrops too, haha.

Marisa Violeta said...

It looks like you both had the loveliest time! Two of my favorite bloggers meeting up makes me realize of little the world is and that's amazing :D

Caroline said...

Lovely photos, i always love rusty old backgrounds for photos too! Blogger meetups are the best-looks like it was fun :D
Ohh i can't believe we've been chatting for a whole year now-sniff, heres to another! xxxx

pop champagne said...

looks like you had a great time, blogger meetups are always so much fun!

www.popchampagneblog.com

Dear Girl Wallflower said...

... what a lovely country to visit..i like the scenery!
and so sweet of Carina to meet up with you!
I like your pink scarf over the ruggedy denims! I am giving you a follow...

Kirstin said...

Wow, beautiful photos ladies!

Sarah said...

I'm always jealous of bloggers who get to meet up and have fun times. Looks like this was no exception! (: Too bad I can't just hop on a plane over to Budapest...

Feathers & Freckles said...

How fun! I love Carina's bird sweater :)

I've only had one blogger meet up and it was such a blast!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks Annie!

Madeline Quaint said...

Would be so nice! :) Budapest is nicest in the spring and autumn! It's too hot in the summer. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Wow, that photoshoot sounds brilliant!

Madeline Quaint said...

It definitely was! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! It was great fun! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

I'm sure you could organise quite a few in NY! :) But anytime you're in Budapest, feel free to email me! :D

Madeline Quaint said...

You're absolutely very welcome! :) Looking forward to seeing your post! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks Loren, it was a great day! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

It was great fun, if you have a chance to meet up with bloggers, go for it! :)

Thank you for the compliments! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

You're very welcome! It was a great day! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks! :) It's lucky I guess - but we sort of "knew' each other from the blogs. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

That's so lovely to hear! It definitely is a small world! Hope I can meet you someday somewhere in Europe too! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Definitely, and more! :)

It was definitely great! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Agreed, and proven! :D

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, glad you like Budapest! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Kirstin! Long time no see! :) Glad you visited again! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Too bad indeed! Would love to meet up with you someday somewhere... Unfortunately I'm not visiting the US either in the near future... Though I'd love to. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Definitely, I can't wait for more. :)

Lasalleariane said...

that is so nice to meet a fellow blogger, hope it happens to me one day
nice to have someone take the pic so much easier
the last pic of the bridge is spectacular!

Ariane

wardrobe experience said...

looks like you had so much fun! awesome shots....

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de