March 16, 2012

Blog Birthday!

PICT0003cadss





































Happy birthday to my baby blog! We're now one year old, yay!

PICT0045ca2s





































It's been a most amazing year! I've met so many nice people and learnt an immense amount. These are two things that are very important to me in my "real" life, and now I found a hobby - or obsession *cough* -  that involves both. I'm so happy I posted my first pictures exactly a year ago and continued with it all!

PICT0132cas





































The things I've learnt by simple trial and error about blog design, photography and graphics made me interested, annoyed, happy and overjoyed in turn, and I'm so glad I stuck at it and didn't give up. 

PICT0008cas





































Here are some pictures from some of the posts I liked in the year of my blog, you can click on them to take you to the posts, if you're interested! According to the stats, the post you liked the most was Bazaar Times and Handmade Products, about why we should buy handmade, and one I'm really proud of.

PICT0111ca2ms





































I have this blog and you all to thank for the inspiration for my Illustrated Shoots - I would never have worked so much on them without the desire to post them here! I tend to doodle on real photos too for my own pleasure, but sharing my pictures with you was the highlight of this past year.

fuel5s





































I've grown so much in my style, and also working as a stylist for Zsófi Raffay in her amazing photo sessions. I'm sure that without your continual support and the inspiration your blogs give, I wouldn't be in the same place!

Untitled-1s

I'm also amazed that I've known some of you for so long! Just to name those blog friends who first commented on my blog last March: Pau, Ipek, Caroline, The Waves, LV... We've known each other for a year! Big hug, girls! :)

PICT0050cds





































Big hugs to all of you, my blog friends, who I've gotten to know in the past year. You've enriched my life and I'm so glad to keep on reading you and exchanging words with you! Big hugs to everyone who reads my blog but doesn't comment - thank you too! Here's to another year, and more! I'm looking forward to where this year will lead my blog and me, and us! :)

PICT0200cs

34 comments:

Annie said...

Aw that's SO exciting - Happy Birthday Blog! Loving the outfits you posted :) Have a great weekend!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Jess said...

Happy blog birthday, Madeline!

Sunjo said...

Congrats! I love your blog and glad I found you :) Keep up the fun pics!

Shybiker said...

Happy Blog Birthday. And that first dress is amazingly beautiful.

Leannaburrows said...

happy bloggo birthday! Nice collection of pics here. :)

Marisa Violeta said...

Happy Blogiversary! :D Never stop being amazing and having an amazing blog!

The Waves said...

Yay, happy blog-birthday! It seems just like yesterday, doesn't it... and then again, I feel like you've always been around. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! Hope you're having a great weekend too! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Jess! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much Sunjo! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Ally!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Leanna! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Oh, thank you so much Marisa! The same goes for you! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Haha, I hope that means something good! :D Thank you!

Nikki || The Ginger Diaries said...

oooooooh, Happy Blogoversary Madeline! =) Please, keep on making your amazing illustrated posts, you know how much I love those!! ^^ and also, you are one of the most warm, open and sweet persons I got to meet since I started blogging myself =) Keep it up! :D

Catherine said...

Congrats on the blog birthday! I just found your blog last night and love it! you are absolutely adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog by the way!

x, C

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much Nikki, you're so lovely! :) *blush*

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Catherine! :)

shyscout said...

Congratulations on blogging for a year! That is so fun and exciting. I can't wait to see what your blog has in store for the future. I always enjoy your fun illustrations :]

Sarah said...

Happy blog birthday! Mine is fast approaching, now, and it's crazy. I can't believe it! Congratulations and here's to another year of illustrations and fun posts?

Ioana said...

Happy b-day to your blog!! :X

http://www.fashionspot.ro/

Coury Combs said...

Happy "birthday" sweet Madeline!

wardrobe experience said...

happy birthday to your blog! great work. can't wait to see more... :)

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

Lyddiegal said...

Happy birthday! It's been so fun following you this past year, here is to another great one!

Ladyofashion said...

Yay! Happy Blog birthday. Oh how lovely that gingham dress is on you! Wishing you many more blog years.-xo :)

Suzannetlopez said...

Happy blog birthday, really cute pictures!

xoxo
- http://fashionnfairytale.blogspot.com/

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

I know, it's unbelievable, isn't it? :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! Nice to see you here! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Darling! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :)

Jamillah said...

haaaaaappy haaaaappy blog birthday. i completely remember stumbling on your illustrated shoots and thinking my gawsh this is genius. you are beautifully creative and wonderfully warm hearted and i can't wait to see what your new year brings.