June 22, 2011

Around the World Girls - Art Nouveau Weekend in Budapest

Have you ever considered visiting Budapest? Maybe you've even been before? Maybe you're planning a weekend there, but you're not sure what to see?

Around The World Girls

I'm so excited to announce a guest post I wrote and photographed for Ruth's blog, Flossy Blossom.
She has a great feature called Around the World Girls, where bloggers from all around the world introduce their country or city. I saw Titine and Totoche's Venezuela post and immediately got inspired to do a Budapest one.

I decided that it would be futile to try and feature every cool Budapest thing, (obviously there are too many of them :) so I chose a focus - Art Nouveau. This way I can show you some of my favourite places and also provide a whole weekend's entertainment for those who really plan to visit for a weekend. :)

Some places I included are the Museum of Applied Art...

pic4

Ruin pubs...

pic7

And my favourite, the Gellért Baths...

pic8

Visit Ruth's blog for more pictures and Art Nouveau things to do in Budapest!
Would you like to introduce your city too? Don't hesitate to contact her!

Thank you Ruth, for featuring my post. :)

(Ruin pub picture source)

10 comments:

Sarah said...

That's super cool! I love how colorful everything looks... I'm going to go check it out on Ruth's blog, now.

Lyddiegal said...

That is such a fun idea, and now you have got me wanting to come visit you!

Madeline Quaint said...

The best thing about Art Nouveau style is that even everday objects designed in this period are so special, one can admire them for hours. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

That would be brilliant, Lyddie! :)

Girl and Closet said...

It looks absolutely divine there Madeline... the pub is so, so charming, off to check out your guest post. xx veronika

Madeline Quaint said...

Art Nouveau buildings are definitely divine, and Budapest has a lot of architectural treasures. :) Thank you for reading!

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

gorgeous photos! I wanna visit now. xo


p.s. I'm having a $50 giveaway if you'd like to check it out. :)
devorelebeaumonstre.com

Jamillah said...

I don't think I've told you but I LOVE Budapest. I've actually been to the baths in the last image you have here. A dear friend of mine attended Med School in Debrecen so while visiting here we took a trip to Budapest. Hopping over to Ruth's blog! I don't know it! Thanks for the introduction :).

Madeline Quaint said...

Yeah, do come! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

That's amazing, Jamillah! I'm so happy when people love my city. :)