June 16, 2011

Turquoise Thanks


Oh, girls, it’s one of those days. I'm sure it happened to you before that you weren't happy about your pictures. I still edited some anyway after work then got up and went out to buy an inordinate amount of fruit. I ate a whole melon, then I sat down again, and... I was still unhappy with the pictures. Even after devouring a melon! What an outrageous day!





















So I looked at some of your blogs, then dicarded the edited pictures and chose some totally different ones.


It’s inevitable, sometimes I’m just unsure of my choices. But then I look around at your blogs and gather courage to share. What’s more, now I can’t wait to share my pictures with you. Especially the scarf tied as a turban thing, as I loved wearing it today!

Since I started taking my own pictures and share them with you all, my attitude towards my style changed immesurably. I walk around the city with head held much higher. I feel like an ambassador of a worldwide community of people who support each other not only in their choices of clothes, but in many small ways we don’t even realise. Thank you for your encouragement, your flow of lovely comments and continual support – even when my pictures weren’t very brilliant. Exactly three months ago today I started my blog and with it, started a conversation with all of you. It feels like I got to know you a little, I hope you feel the same way too!


The stuff I wore: Blouse and Skirt: Second Hand, Sandals: Tamaris, 
Scarf and Belt: H&M, Earrings: Self made

The best comes at the end - I just checked and my Bazaar Times and Handmade Products blogpost that I submitted to IFB is included in this week's Links a la Mode! I'm over the moon! Time for another melon? :)

16 comments:

Lyddiegal said...

I'm totally loving all your turquoise!
I think we all have off photo days - they happen, and it's okay, you still look adorable!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, Lyddie, and yeah, I definitely share your turquoise obsession! :)

Kirstin said...

Congrats on IFB! Yay! I love the material of your skirt, every little detail of your outfit is so pretty! Your pictures look great by the way!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, I'm so happy about the IFB Links! :)

Jess said...

I think you look fantastic, as do your pictures. Photos can be frustrating but don't let yourself get down about it! Just roll with it. And congrats on IFB :)

fashionforgiants said...

Oh, I love this. The cutouts on the blouse, the color and print of the scarf, the bird earrings, all of it. Just beautiful. And I think your photos are lovely - mine today were even worse than usual, but I'm super grumpy so I can't even care.

How did you tie your turban anyway? I always want to try them but I think my head is pointy - they always just slide right off.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your recent successes, miss. You should feel proud to walk around. I know it has been a blast getting to discover new friends who I'd never have met without blogger and a little spare time; I wouldn't change it for the world.

steffy said...

congrats on everything! i loveeee that turban oh so much :)

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, Jess, I'm trying my best about the pictures, 5 chosen from 50 taken is quite OK, I guess. :D

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much Gracey! Did you notice I put up the new one minute book review on the side? :)

I think the best is to choose a huge scarf - it never used to work for me either with ones that cannot wrap around twice.
This is how I did it:

1 - Fold a huge scarf into half to make a triangle
2 - Place the middle of the longest side of the triangle on your forehead
3 - Cross the two endings at the back of your head and bring them back to the front
4 - Tie the two endings on your forehead (or a little to the side, as you wish)
5 - Tuck in the endings as artily as you feel like!

I hope it was clear... :D

Madeline Quaint said...

Yes, you're right, I'm so glad to be here! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Steffy, thank you! :) When I first did that turban, I was told I looked like the modern version of the Girl With a Pearl Earring - I immediately knew I needed to wear it again. :)

Jamillah said...

What a beautiful sentiment. Your pictures look great and hold your head really high!!! Congrats on LALM and 3 months of blogging! I totally know what you mean with looking at pictures and not feeling the greatest but you are doing a fantastic job and look beautiful. I LOVE your outfit here.

I also had no idea of the conversation that goes behind blogging and I am so thrilled by the people I've met doing it. I'm so happy to hear you feel this love too. Yay. Happy Friday.

The Waves said...

What's not to love about this post! A) the turban is awesome, B) you are awesome, and C) you ate a whole melon?? I'm impressed! :)

the girl never gets older said...

oh, very pretty ensemble! I love this color combination, and wow, the pattern of this headscarf is so beautiful! ♥

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much, I'm so happy you like it all! Your blog is an absolute beauty! :)