June 24, 2011

Make Love Not War

PICT0155cas

Surprising piece of news of the day: I slept on a roughly three centimetres (one inch) thick matress on the floor. In our own flat. Why, you might ask? The small of my back has been behaving strangely lately. Getting sort of stuck when I bent down, or turned to the side. I’ve been crazy anxious about this, so I decided to see what happens if I slept on a flat, hard surface instead of a real bed. And my back is so much better now! (Fingers crossed, knock on wood, and everything else you should do…)

Have you ever had similar problems with your back? If so, what did you do to solve them? Please share, I’d like to get my poor back back to it’s normal state.

PICT0146cas

Now that we’re talking about my back, do you think I should paint anything on it? I don’t mean my skin of course but this shirt. I bought it second hand, and it’s probably military surplus, so I’m wondering how to „pacify” it.

PICT0141cas

The bag I’m wearing is a military one too, but I’m really a „Make Love Not War” type of person, so I painted the mermaid on it to make it more wearable. (Her eyes look sort of funny on this picture. Sorry, mermaid!) If you’re interested, I used acrylic paint, it works really well on canvas, obviously. :) So, should I paint something on the back of the shirt? A dove? Another mermaid? Some lettering? Ideas are very welcome!

PICT0153cas

I couldn’t help taking close-ups of this wonderful necklace as my Mum made it. She’s a ceramicist and this heart is one of my favourite designs of hers. It’s two people holding each other’s faces, a perfect symbol of love. Which reminds me - thank you Boyfriend, for sleeping on the floor with me. :)

PICT0156cas

PICT0157cas

What I wore: 
Jeans: Takko, Dress: Promod, with the belt used as a scarf (somebody actually asked me if I made the dress because it matched my headband), Shoes: Auchan (again I'm the epitome of classy:), Shirt and Bag: Second hand, Ring: H&M, Necklace: By my Mum.

Oh, and great news! My Illustrated Shoot was chosen for the Links a la Mode this week! My drawings and me are so honoured and very happy. :) Thank you IFB!

Another piece of surprising news: I won a giveaway! Never in my life have I won anything that needed luck. I still can’t believe it! Lovely Leanne over at The Violet Reaction gave away the mini wallet made by her own fair hands. Check out her great tutorial on how to make one, there are a lot of pictures and a lot of humour included, so I’m sure you’ll feel like making one. Check out her blog anyway if you haven't before, she's one of my absolutel favourite bloggers. So young and such a style genious!

wallet

Positive energies to all of my Lovely Readers, the weekend is only a day away! Bye for now!

PICT0152cas

28 comments:

Themadtwins said...

Your outfit is so cute! The neckless is one of my favorite pieces! It looks so magical :)

fashion bucket said...

hey girl,

hope everything with your back is better now. if it isn't, i would suggest going to see someone? or even a nice massage (although, that could make it even worse?)

i haven't done pear shapes yet, but when i do i will let you know so you can check it out :)

-fb X

Sarah said...

Yay, you won something! Congrats. Also, it's pretty cool that you painted your bag and whatnot. I'd never be able to do something like that AND make it look good, haha. I hope your back gets better and behaves after that. I don't usually have aches and pains (knock on wood) but it sounds terrible.

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, I love that necklace too... :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, do tell me if you do! :)

I had a great swim today, I guess I should move my back more. Too much sitting before computer screens, hah...

Madeline Quaint said...

Yeah, I know! Me? Luck? :)

My back is so much better today. I really need to move more.
And here I am, sitting by my laptop - blogging is too addictive. :)

Lyddiegal said...

The necklace your mom made is so pretty! I love turquoise, and the symbolism is just so sweet.

hope your back recovers!

The Cat Hag said...

Hey Love,

This entry is so sweet! I love the necklace your mom made, it's so special and full of thought. A heart is definitely made of two people holding each other close. ♥

And isn't your BF a sweetheart to sleep together with you on that mattress! I guess if your back doesn't feel good, it's best to find a chiropractor who can snap your joints/bones back in shape again. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Ladyofashion said...

I'm glad that your back is doing better. I love the green colours in your outfit. You mum is so talented I love that necklace. Enjoy your weekend.
Madison of FASHION TALES

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, I hope so too! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Addie, thank you for your thoughtful comment, that's probably what I'll have to do... I'm still hoping it will get better by itself. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Ladyofashion, it's a sunny weekend here in Budapest! :)

Jamillah said...

Oh dear! Have you googled your symptoms?! I kind of google everything. I hope you find a better remedy than sleeping on the floor on skimpy little mattress.

Sweet the little mermaid on your bag. I don't think you have to do anything to your shirt actually. It doesn't look "tough" or straight military. I like it just the way it is. And your mom is so talented I love that necklace and the lovely symbolism.

Congrats on your post on IFB...I totally saw that and it was gorgeous, well deserved!

Cookies said...

Thank you :D :D :D

Caroline Ergyerg said...

Oh my gosh, mermaids and doves sound good to me, i love mermaids :D xxxx

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you for your compliment on the necklace, my Mum is so touched by all of your responses! :)

Actually sleeping on a hard surface seems to do a world of good. We might buy a harder matress, cuz now it does feel like we're camping in the middle of the room. :D Total summer festival feel. :D

Madeline Quaint said...

You're welcome. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

I knew I could trust you for supporting my whimsical decorations, Caroline! :) A big big mermaid would look great, I think!

BoulevarddelaMadeleine said...

I hope your back is feeling better. I have actually heard sleeping on harder surfaces can be the best remedy. Whenever I have neck or back problems my dad always tells me to sleep flat with no pillows. I can never do it. I love elevation, fluffy pillows and beds..hence bad neck problems and a sore back quite often and longer then needed.
Love the creativity of painting a design on your garments. I can't even draw a mermaid so the fact that you can paint one- so cool.
Also love the necklace your mom made. It is so pretty.
-Madeleine

Andrea said...

Your nail polish is the most amazing colour - what brand is it?

Just discovered your blog and would love it if you popped by mine sometime.

Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com

Titine & Totoche said...

Hello!!
Oks so lots of comments.
First! Congrats on winning a giveaway, that's so cool!
Also, it's even cooler your mom is a ceramicist (hopefully I spelled that correctly), the necklace is absolutely beautiful.
I really hope your back gets better. Sometimes when my back hurts I try stretching to loosen up my back.

Hope you have a great weekend ;)

Madeline Quaint said...

I love a soft, fluffy bed myself - but at the moment me and my back are so grateful for the floor, I could hug it! (That would look odd. :D)

Madeline Quaint said...

Hello, nice to see you! :)
I just looked up my nail polish as I didn't remember - it's Manhattan Lotus Effect in 78D. Actually really long-lasting, even with my nail-colour destroying habits. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Hi, good to see you again! What have you been up to? :)
My Mum is so happy with all the compliments she gets. :)
I went swimming twice last week and streched in the water, great feeling. I should go more often!

Titine & Totoche said...

You should show more of her work!
Ohh and yeah swimming is great!

Also, read your post at Ruth's and it was so nice!! Can anyone go to those pools? Or are they part of a private club or something like that?

Madeline Quaint said...

Absolutely anyone can go, to any of the 7 baths in Budapest. I love them, they're all different, but their waters are all good! :)

oranges_and_apples said...

I think a dove would be great! as for the back - yoga! I used to get really bad back pain until I started doing it regularly.

Madeline Quaint said...

Hmm, I've always been interested in yoga, but didn't have luck to find a good instructor. Will have to try again! :)