June 27, 2011

The Child Within

PICT0148c2as

I like style when it’s fun. When it’s playful and has a sense of humour, when it’s innocent and when it doesn’t take itself seriously. Just like a child.

PICT0154cas

For me, letting my inner child coming out to play is not something infantile, naive, simple or sticky sweet – it’s rather honest, carefree and self-confident.

PICT0146cas

It’s so important for me to be able to retain my ability to see the world as new, just like I did when I was a child. To find beauty in the smallest things, and to constantly look for it in places that grown-ups gave up long ago.

PICT0177cas

When I feel grumpy, fed up, negative and tired, I try to see the world around me with new eyes. To wonder at the world is one sure way of pulling yourself out of many a dark place.

PICT0153cas
PICT0155cas



















Enjoy beauty in an around you and have fun in getting dressed! Have a beautiful week!

PICT0147cas

What I wore: I bought the bird-ring at Museum Night last Friday, a night when all museums are open well into the night and host programs, concerts, shows… The Museum of Applied Art hosted a fair and that’s where I met my little bird.
Trouser-skirt: Promod, T-shirt: Zara, Shoes: Some boutique, Leggings and Sweater: Chinese Shop, Bracelet: A necklace from Brigitte Bijou maybe, Scarf: C&A.

29 comments:

foodfashionandflow said...

Cute photos! I love your scarf and your bracelet

The Cat Hag said...

Your little bird ring is so cute! :)

I love how every outfit you put together just seems to compliment your beautiful hair. ♥


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Kirstin said...

I love that little bird ring, so adorable!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you!

Madeline Quaint said...

Haha, I've never thought about that, maybe that's why I like certain colours more... Hmm, food for thought! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, Kirstin! :)

Gabrielle Antonov said...

So cute! Great outfit
xx
I LIKE IT FAST

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you!

UN-stitched said...

Lovely pics! I adore the bird ring and have a little birdie just like it myself! Great layering and you have lovely hair!
xoxo
Christine
http://un-stitched.com

Lyddiegal said...

that bird is a ring? too cute!
I love that you keep a playfulness to your photos and looks, it's so nice!

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

your birdie ring is so cute. :) xo

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Christine! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

I know, it was bordering on way too cute, but I couldn't leave it there. :D
I'm so glad you enjoy the playfulness! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks, I think she knows it, she seems very happy with herself! :)

the girl never gets older said...

awww, this is the cutest ring ever, EVER! :D ♥_♥

Madeline Quaint said...

I know, I needed to get her... So cute. :)

jess said...

The ring is the cutest thing ever!

Sahra said...

great ring!!


XO Sahra
EffortlessCool

Nikki said...

These ("It’s so important for me to be able to retain my ability to see the world as new, just like I did when I was a child. To find beauty in the smallest things...") Are some really wise words! We take to much for granted in life :) I really love your playful and colorful outfits. I love the little floral accent and the scarf! scarves are so much fun! I have tons of them! x

Marisa Violeta said...

You just said the most perfect things! Sometimes people take things too serious! But anyway, I loved that ring! It is truly lovely!

Madeline Quaint said...

Yes, it's utter sweetness. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks, it was a great find! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you, Nikki, for your nice words! :)
Scarves are good for soooo many things, the best garment!

Madeline Quaint said...

I'm so glad you aggree!
The ring is number one now on my lovely objects list. :)

Ipek Rlp said...

That ring is the cutest thing!

Isabella Batts said...

I adore what you wore and what you wrote! I definitely connect to my inner nine-year-old through my clothing quite a bit, choosing things based on what is soft, bright, easy to move around in, and what makes me feel extraordinary when I wear it. Thanks for taking a moment to remind us all to take a moment - it's scary how long you can hold your breath without realizing it before someone reminds you to breathe.

Madeline Quaint said...

Oops, , I forgot to answer to your comment, sorry! :) It is the cutest! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

What a wonderfully written comment, I'm so happy reading it! And so glad that my writing inspired you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Neat post. There's an issue [url=http://www.sacslongchamppliagefr.eu]piscine longchamp[/url] together with your web site in web explorer, could test this?? longchamp sac pliage [url=http://www.sacslongchamppliagefr.eu]longchamp sac pliage[/url] , IE still is the marketplace leader and a big part of folks will omit your great writing because of this problem.