The Beauty of BloggersEdited by: Fajr of Stylish Thought
"Once a month, I pour through the links that the amazing members of IFB submit. Typically, I sit late Wednesday night after a long day and read through the thoughtful, helpful, stylish and beautiful posts that you guys submit. It is in these moments that I am truly in awe of how talented and gracious this community is. Full of spirited bloggers that discuss everything from the latest neon trend to the body pressures of fashion blogging. We are a diverse and dynamic group, connected through our mutual love of style and tireless support and encouragement of one another.
This week’s links are a testament to the beauty of blogging. Through eloquent prose, enigmatic portraits and style lessons from a mother to her daughter, IFB is rich with love and of course great style."
Links à la Mode: June 16th
- Ashley4Emergy: Move Over Mellow Yellow
- Beautifully Invisible: 5 Things HBO’s True Blood Taught Me about Fashion & Beauty
- By Anika: Sexy is a State of Mind
- Corrine Monique: La Belle Epoque Photoshoot
- Dress with Courage: Winner Takes All: Women and Competition
- Fierce Beauty and Fashion: Thoughts from a Plus-Sized Blogger
- For Those About to Shop: Fashion Bloggers, Nick Knight and the Old Guard
- Idil Vice: New Summer Heights in the City Hurt
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Fashion Memes: Franca and Miss Boss of Feminist Fashion Bloggers
- Inkblot Photography: Portrait Session: Kimberly Marcelle
- Love Brown Sugar: Don’t Believe the Hype
- Madeline Quaint: Illustrated Shoot: Birds of a Feather
- North on Harper: Fashion Savvy Need to Know
- Odetoawe: Cat Lover
- Oranges and Apples: Polka Dots Skirt 4 Ways
- Splendiferous Inclinations: Inexpensive Summer Outfits
- Stylish Thought: A Woman’s Right to Shoes
- The Loudmouth: Be A Better Shopper
- The Style Confession: Knock Off or Not
- Un-Stitched: Fashion Heirlooms
New Clothing at Shopbop: Feliks+Adrik, Rebecca Taylor, DL1961, Hanky Panky, Yosi Samra, Aiko, Spanx, Thayer dresses, KORS, Sara Berman, DVF.
What's all this about?
Every week, Independent Fashion Bloggers submit links to their best posts, and IFB's editors choose twenty links from those submitted. Every chosen blog publishes the whole list of links - this is what you can see above. You may also spot my Illustrated Shoot post being featured, which is an absolute honour and makes me so happy!
The best thing of LALM is being inspired to write/photograph/put together posts that would interest and capture your readers. Also, being inspired to share your creativity with others and in turn, inspire them!
If you haven't tried submitting a post yet, but would like to, check out Vahni's explanation at Grit and Glamour - she even illustrated the steps with screenshots, cannot be easier! The only thing you need is a blogpost you want to share with other Independent Fashion Bloggers. :)