August 17, 2011

The Arty Outfit

PICT0047cas

I could wear this ensemble every day. It's so utterly comfortable and still manages to stay feminine.

I don't know about you but I have huge style-envy when watching 80s movies, as the cuts were so much freer and more allowing. Don't get me wrong, there are a good few classic 80s things I can do without, take for example shoulder pads and glitter... But so many people I see on the streets would feel (and look) better if they wouldn't strain to look streamlined by wearing way too tight clothes, but rather choose garments that are loose but well-cut.

Also, wouldn't it be great if long hair for men came back into fashion?
Yeah I know, I'm strange. :)

PICT0051ca2s

Anyway, I feel really free in this shirtdress, which also has an arty vibe for me. Wouldn't it look great with a palette and a brush in my hand? I'd hate to splatter it with paint though. :)

PICT0052cas

And the accessories that every artist needs: dirigible plum earrings - to enhance the ability to accept the extraordinary...

PICT0057cas

Meet my new-to-me watch, which I got from a small watchmaker's shop. I've been looking for a watch with metal straps that was sort of unisex and also cheap, and finally I found it!

PICT0055ca


Wearing: 
Shirtdress: Takko, Leggings: Chinese shop, Shoes: Vagabond, 
Watch: second hand from a watchmaker, Bracelets: Indian shop and a handmade silver one, 
Earrings: handmade, from a market (I made them into clip-ons).


P.S.: Don't forget to enter my giveaway! :)

30 comments:

jhkm22 said...

We love your hair color! It is really beautiful :)

Your jewelry is great and we love the comfiness of an oversized shirt and leggings. Very cute outfit.

Heather & Kayla
www.hkstylejourney.blogspot.com

fashionforgiants said...

Dirigible plum earrings! That's exactly what I thought of even before I read your description. How wonderful!

And this shirt dress is fabulous - the cut is just perfect.

Feathers & Freckles said...

Very cute! I wish I could wear leggins right now, but the Florida humidity would just cake them onto me in a sweaty, sticky mess. :(

Jess said...

Oh, the bracelets + watch are so, so pretty. I love that they're all totally different but in the same colour scheme.

JoniJames said...

I have really small shoulders so I love love love a soft shoulder pad. In fact, I've added them to some of my jackets and they hang so much better.
I adore tunics and long shirts like the one you're wearing. Can't wait for cooler weather so I can break out the tights and boots with tunics.

My 13 year old son's hair is down to the middle of his back. I think it is making a come back in high school, at least that's what he tells me when I suggest he get a more "styled" haircut. LOL

Sarah said...

That shirt dress is great! It fits you really well. (: Also, I'm glad I don't have pierced ears because I can tell that I'd have way too many earrings (even though you said yours are clip on).

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you both!

Madeline Quaint said...

I'm so glad you know them - of course you would! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Luckily it's not very humid here, only when it's very hot. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

The interesting strap sold the watch for me, I love the texture!

Madeline Quaint said...

Haha, I'm looking forward to that trend instead of the Bieber-haircut. :D (I saw that on the street twice yesterday! One would be too many...)

Madeline Quaint said...

I just had to have them, but my ears aren't pierced either, so I got crafty. :)

Nikki said...

This shirt dress is so pretty! I want one too now! I recieved your guestpost well, but since blogger refuses to work with me I can't schedule it yet! GRR! x

wardrobe experience said...

love this denim shirt/dress-thingy. so cute and comfy.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Lyddiegal said...

I LOVE a man with a good head of hair. I'm not talking pony tail long (there are very few who can pull that off) but I mean, good long, like him (drools)

Anyway, the tunic and leggings definitely give a very 80's vibe here, you look like you could run away with the brat pack.

Madeline Quaint said...

I hope Blogger will get it's act together before you leave! Fingers crossed. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

It's the most comfortable thing!

Madeline Quaint said...

Oh, he's a dreamboat indeed! :)

the girl never gets older said...

YES YES YES for long haired men! :) and I completely adore your hairdo in this post, you look beautiful! ♥

jess said...

I love the earrings they are so Luna Lovegood.

Danielle said...

I love a good comfy outfit that also looks good! I absolutely love your bracelets!
xoxo

Madeline Quaint said...

Haha, I'm glad you aggree! Let's start a movement. :D

Madeline Quaint said...

That's why I got them. :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you!

Jamillah said...

Oh I have a couple of outfits like this...really I have to literally stop myself from wearing them...love the easy easy look of this and your jewelry is fantastic :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Ooh, yeah, I remember shirtdress outfits of yours! :)

Kelley said...

I love these kind of laid back relaxed outfits. I think it would even look cute if you DID splatter it with paint ;)

Madeline Quaint said...

It'd have to be watercolours though, what if I splatter the wrong place and can't get rid of it? :)

Rachel Nishida said...

mmm, love the shirt dress! i need to find a good one like that.

Madeline Quaint said...

Found this in the sales, a very good bargain indeed. :)