May 24, 2012

Necklaces in Magenta

PICT0150cas




































As I promised, here's a sneek peek into what I've been up to on the jewellery front!
It's been a week full of creating, which is the best kind of week, really!

PICT0154ca3s



















I've been on the lookout for statement necklaces for a long while, but never seemed to find a perfect one. Bulky necklaces usually weigh a ton, which makes them difficult to wear throughout the day. So I thought and thought and came up with a really light but very eye-catching idea...

PICT0164cas



















I made the flowers first, then played around with colourful buttons and felt to match, then sew on a chain and fastened the back piece. Using a chain is great, as it makes it easy to adjust the lenght of the necklaces, so they can be worn with different necklines.

A good statement piece for me would work with a simple t-shirt and jeans, as well as a little black dress, or an outfit that's thought up around it.

I couldn't stop at one, so since I made the first piece, I've been making them non-stop, in different colours, using different materials...

PICT0161cas



















Here's another prototype, with a cat cut out from an old bicycle tire, and the usual colourful buttons. It makes me insanely happy to use recycled and upcycled stuff! This necklace already found a new home with Sophie, who came up with the idea of a rubber cat in the first place, and cut some out for me.

PICT0175cas




































I've always loved buttons, vintage or new. What's more, I actually won my first online auction for more buttons, so that I can create on! I'm planning on assembling a starting set and work out a cool way of packaging, then find some little shops in Budapest that would store them... And of course I'm planning to open an Etsy shop too, so that my necklaces could travel the world!

I do hope you like them! :)

PICT0167cas



















Wearing: necklaces made by me, handbag from Joj√≥ Art Shop, thrifted skirt and top, 
Tamaris sandals and Calzedonia tights.

Pictures taken right after a huge rainstorm! Just in case you're interested. :)

11 comments:

Marianne M. said...

I love it when redheads rock bold colors, bright ones, i think that jewel tones look amazing on you. they suit your skin tone and your hair color.
plus loveeeeeeee that skirt.
i made a post dedicated to redheads if you want to check it out and let me know what u think that would be awesome.
xx
marianne
http://lureofthedarkside.blogspot.com/

fashionforgiants said...

This is fabulous. And I LOVE the cat necklace. Seriously, it makes me so very happy.

Love the green shoes with the magenta outfit too - so fun!

Gracey

Kira said...

So fun, I bet unique styles like the cat necklace would sell well :)

Gaby de modacapital said...

OMG! The necklace with the flowers is amazing, love it!
great outfit.
xoxo

Tamara Kolaric said...

I am no huge fan of DIY-s. but that cicuska made out of a tire simply rocks :)

wardrobe experience said...

girl, you look great in purple .... and i love this poppin' green of the sandals...
ja, and these necklaces are too cute...

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

Lasalleariane said...

Madeline i love your necklaces
I love all the different color combination of your outfit
The green sandals are fabulous, it compliments the whole outfit so well
You are an artist my dear!

Arianexxxx

Marisa Violeta said...

Wow Madeline, those necklaces are perfect in every single way, you did such a great job!! I hope you get that etsy soon, I'm sure I'll order at least one!

Congrats :D

Madeline Quaint said...

It's so nice to create stuff! Definitely give it a go when you have time. :)

pop champagne said...

the necklace is cute, love the colors!

shyscout said...

The necklaces are beautiful! The flowers look so delicate and beautiful with the outfit you are wearing :] The cat is so adorable and playful. You are quite talented. I can't wait to see what else you come up with.