May 6, 2012

Opatija and a Seagull with Attitude

PICT0013cas



















Hello again! Or indeed, ahoy!

PICT0020cas




































I'm back from the shores of the Adriatic Sea! Sorry for the delay, but it's always so difficult to get back into the swing of things after prolonged exposure to sea air.

PICT0163cas




































I accompanied my Boyfriend to Opatija, Croatia where we enjoyed turn of the century charm and gorgeous blue sea, and while he conferenced, I strolled with my camera at hand at all times... We had some unpredictable weather, but who cares about rain and clouds at such a wonderfully atmospheric location?

PICT0197cas




































The villages around Opatija are connected with the Franz Joseph walkway which winds its way around the edge of the sea for long kilometres, and I just can't tire of it... No matter how many times I return to the area, this walkway will never bore me.

PICT0193cas




































I hope you enjoyed the great posts from my lovely Guest Bloggers! Thank you so much again, Nikki, Carina and Marisa! I loved reading about your dream wardrobes... And let me tell you, if you've never had guest bloggers, you must give it a go. Pasting the html codes I was sent by them into Blogger, then hitting the Preview button - it's like a birthday present, first seeing their posts materialise on my blog! I'm prepared to travel more just to have more of these great blog surprises!

PICT0215cas



















"What did you just say? Huh?" - says the Seagull with Attitude.
OK, I'll stay for a while. Just because the Seagull asked me.
But next year I will surely return to Opatija, and till then, a few more posts about my time away to follow!

16 comments:

Megan Flanagan said...

Gorgeous pics, so romantic (except for the seagull, ha ha)

xo, Megan

http://indieflower-meg.blogspot.com/

Annie said...

Oh wow - these pics are gorgeous! Glad you had a good time :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

wardrobe experience said...

lovely photos... cute outfit! :)

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

Gaby de modacapital said...

The place is beautiful, great pics!!!
also, I love your outfit :)
kss

ShyScout said...

These photos are beautiful! I would love to make it to Croatia some day. I can't wait to see more photos from your trip. Your outfit is simply adorable in the top pictures :]

Kira said...

Looks like a beautiful place to visit!

Leanna said...

My gooodness that outfit is so cute. Well done, missy. :)

Feathers & Freckles said...

I love that statue in the water, how whimsical and beautiful! Cute tights ;)

Madeline Quaint said...

It's such a beautiful place. Magical how the atmosphere changes as the weather do!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks Leanna! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

It indeed is!

Madeline Quaint said...

Croatia has such a beautiful coastline... Absolutely worth a visit...

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you Darlin!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thanks Annie! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Hehe, that's what seagulls are like! :D